- The area treated with the laser may be red afterward. This will generally fade within 24 - 48 hours. Some vascular treatments such as leg veins may cause a darkened appearance of the vessels for 7 - 10 days.
- The treated area can be washed normally with mild soap and water. Wash the area gently with your fingertips. use of a washcloth or other abrasive instruments is not recommended.
- For the next 3 - 4 weeks, avoid sun exposure to the treated area. use of a sunscreen containing an SPF of 15 or higher is recommended.
- Avoid irritants such as products containing glycolic acid or Retin-A for 5 - 7 days.
- Minor crusting or scabbing of the treated area can occur. Do not rub or pick the scab. After washing with fingertips with a gentle soap, apply an antibacterial ointment to the treated area.
- Pigmented lesions may turn gray or dark after treatment. As the skin heals in 7 - 14 days, the spot will slough off. Do not rub or pick the lesion. Antibacterial or moisturizing ointment may be applied to the area as desired.
Please remember that multiple treatments may be required to achieve the optimum result with either vascular or pigmented lesions.